The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist (Procurement and Supply Chain Management)
Supervisor: Senior Technical Specialist (PSCM)
Duration of contract: 33 months
- The Technical Specialist (PSCM) position is designed to support the timely implementation of all the project’s Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM) system strengthening objectives.
- S/he will support the overall attainment of project objectives.
- H/her primary focus will be on ensuring project targets and deliverables related operations are of topmost quality and effectiveness
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated project plan in collaboration with the Senior Technical Specialist.
- Provide hands-on technical support to the Sub-Recipients (SR) supporting the PSCM strengthening module, ensuring highest level of project management skills are applied to the overall grant management results
- Support the implementation of the activities of the PSCM program of the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH).
- Support the SR to develop concept notes and guidance documents in relation to interventions and activities
- Lead SR to conduct periodic programme reviews and development performance improvement plans
- Support capacity building for the corresponding PSCM system strengthening sub-recipient (SR) staff and the state staff.
- Support the implementation of the project learning agenda for improved outputs and outcomes.
- Document programmatic status and achievements and feedback to the Senior Technical Specialist on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Support the development of communication products including but not limited to success stories, fact sheets, technical briefs, abstracts and publications.
- Represent the project within the state and local PSCM stakeholders community.
- Support Nigeria Health Logistics Management Information System (NHLMIS) Laboratory content development and upgrade and development of SCMS-related data use products.
- Participate in national Supply Chain Management Systems (SCMS) technical working group [TWG] meetings and other coordination platforms.
- Support strengthening of Logistics Management Coordination Unit (LMCUs)
- Participate in any other activities related to the above functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Health Sciences, Supply Chain/Logistics; Plus Master’s degree in Public Health, Supply Chain Management, natural and sciences or other related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ field level professional experience in supply chain management at the national level
- Experience implementing NHLMIS interventions in HIV, TB & Malaria programs.
- Good understanding of national PSCM systems and practices.
- Experience in logistics and supply chain data management and use.
- Strong experience using the LMIS tools [electronic and paper-based] in Nigeria and hands-on experience with NHLMIS.
- Working experience in management of public health laboratory commodities pipeline.
- Experience working in complex stakeholder environments especially characterized by multiple tiers of governments, variety of implementers, heavy outsourcing, Significant Donor presence.
- Experience designing lab logistics systems.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2021.