9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Animator (Visual Effects & Audio Production)
Location: Lagos, NG
- To create computer-generated animations and special effects on screens of digital devices.
- To enhance the video content and visual effects to the works of the Motion Graphics artist and Videographer.
- Create imagery that is either impractical or impossible to film can only done as CGI using computerized technology, including, but not limited to, animations, fixing up details for videos/grading, commercials, product information videos, and other multimedia materials.
- Creating visual effects and animations using computerized technology and software applications.
- Realizing and creating CGI characters.
- Producing visuals for social media, video games and mobile applications.
- Creating simulations and mockups to be viewed based on briefs by Marcomms Head
- Troubleshooting any issues with animations and enhance the productions of the Motion Graphics designer and Videographer during postproduction
- Creating storyboards to understand the images needed for the storyline and where the images should be used.
- Adhering to tight deadlines and other constraints in order to meet production times.
- Following product and brand guideline and instructions.
- Brainstorming with artists and designers externally to discuss digital animation concepts, gaming ideas, and progress on current projects.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of the audio-visual contents on our digital platforms and reports to the Head Marketing Communications
- Assist pre-production planning and on-site production activities
- Deliver high quality product on time and within the resources available
- Identify best practices for video and evolve daily operations as necessary
- Oversee video collection to ensure all media is archived appropriately and can be readily obtained
- Responsible for coordinating resources and the budget.
- Other responsibilities include completing software upgrades, developing methods to improve on deliverables and quality of content created by the audio-visual team
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience (must include experience in a video production environment)
- A sizeable portfolio of VFX contents
- Experience with live streaming is a plus
- Excellent organization, planning, and communication skills
- BS degree in Film Studies, Creative Art, Cinematography or related field will be an advantage
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Strong working knowledge of software tools, including Houdini, Unity, Dreamweaver, Adobe CS5, and Autodesk Maya.
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail.
- Good drawing skills and creativity.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication and active listening skills.
- Knowledge of shooting and editing videos
- Ability to provide a wide range of A/V technical support
- Demonstrated skill with video editing software platforms, specifically proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro X
- Extensive knowledge of video production equipment
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Function as part of a team. Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Listening and speaking skills: Understand and convey accurate information for creating the requested edit content
- Time management skills: Meet scheduled deadlines.
- Creativity: Generate ideas and bring them to fruition
- A collaborative mindset and ability to work with varying and changing needs
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate and carry camera equipment
- Video editing experience using Premier Pro
- Adept at prioritizing through efficient organizational skills
- Strong professional work ethics
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Outstanding work ethic, character, integrity, and professionalism
Application Closing Date