Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash and Trade Proc Rep 5
Job ID 21251199
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Time Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Operations – Transaction Services
Job Family: Cash Management
- Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility.
- It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- Ensuring timely processing of all OTC transactions in the queues daily.
- Ensuring that all items on Orbiflow queues are justified to be there and that issues are raised and promptly followed up for resolution.
- Process Certificate of Capital Importation in line with CBN guideline and in-house procedures.
- Rendition of weekly uncollected and unissued CCI reports
- Rendition of daily and monthly CCI reports to CBN
- Ensuring all request for CCI transfer to other banks are sent within 24 hours of receipt of such request.
- Responsibility for proper printing and delivery of manager’s checks to the customer service desk.
- Ensuring liquidation of Paylink checks is carried out on Checks 32.
- Preparation of daily paylink reconciliation.
- Ensuring all unclaimed drafts are moved as at when due.
- Ensuring movement out of unclaimed accounts are done with proper approvals and MIFT controls
- Ensure established TATs are achieved and improved upon as well as quality of service delivery.
- Posting of sundry unclaimed items like:
- P and L
- Float Sharing
- Ensuring that all reports / returns for the unit are prepared daily and timely.
- Promptly respond to enquiries by both customers and colleagues
- Active participation and timely delivery of quality reports in respect of :
- Monthly Proofs
- Active participation in any other project as may be assigned from time to time.
- Rendition of weekly NDLEA report for all FCY reportable transactions.
- Ensuring that all MIFT controls have been met prior to processing of all unclaimed transactions Pouching of MCCL and ICLS to London within 24 hours of receipt Transmission of ICLS payable in the USA on check 21 machine within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ensuring daily liquidation of all ICLS entries.
- Processing of all incoming and outgoing RTGS on hold for SDN, TOD and duplication within an hour of receiving such.
- Ensuring timely rendition of Citidirect initiated RTGS to treasury by 2.30pm daily Uploading of settlement for all incoming NIP inflows for each settlement cycle Provide responses to all NIP queries from internal and external customers.
- Logging of re-call request on DRS.
- Ensure that checks are delivered through the appropriate payment medium within the expected time frame.
- Ensure that adequate control steps are observed whenever transactions are processed. so as to avoid customer dissatisfaction and financial losses.
- Provide input and support to TTS staff during new product testing.
- Ensuring that customer enquiries received through RM / CitiServices are thoroughly investigated and responded to within reasonable time.
- Providing back-up Services to other desk in the unit as necessary for smooth flow of activities in the department.
- Collate all the relevant documents required for issuance of CCI.
- Print the CCI and obtain required signatories and dispatch to customers / RMS / Citiservice under acknowledgement.
- Undertake all departmental trainings / meeting (including nomination for external courses)to reinforce understanding of operational guidelines as well as general bank products knowledge development.
- Ensure service issues are non-existent or greatly reduced.
- Ensure team spirit exists among staff and every staff is committed to our shared responsibilities.
- Support optimum use of bank asset and work tools, as well as time, Ensure on a daily basis that all staled checks are reconciled on flexcube and moved to unclaimed.
- Customer Services / CitiService
- Daily resolution of customer enquires.
- Routine system maintenances
- Systems and applications enhancements
- Documentation and Account Services
- Issuing drafts for accounts to be closed
- CBG & GSG
- Obtaining approvals for transactions over relevant accounts.
- Follow-up on regularization of deferred documentation.
- Monthly supply of stationeries
Intellect Flow support:
- Resolution of identified issues and implementation of enhancements
- Operations Control Units
- Submission of monthly proof & ageing items
- Cash Management Unit – TTS
- Provision of product papers / programs for new product / initiative
- Cash and Tellers
- Printing of all drafts opened for cash pick-up
- Central Bank of Nigeria:
- Receipt of Circulars / Guidelines and rendition of daily and monthly returns.
- Rendering regulatory reports of customer’s transaction within established threshold.
- Various correspondences, queries and investigations.
- Courier Companies
- Delivery of collection and clearing items to LONDON.
- Settlement of ACH and other payment transactions
Education, Experience and Skills
- A good University Degree;
- Qualitative, numerical, analytical and communication;
- 4-7 Years.
You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity:
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and / or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.