The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (CAM / Capacity Strengthening and Policy Coherence Unit)
Requisition ID: 137447
Duration: 6 months
Type Of Contract: Special Service Agreement (SSA 5)
Unit / Division: Communications, Advocacy and Marketing (CAM) / Capacity Strengthening, Policy Coherence Unit
Background and Purpose of the Assignment
- CAM and Capacity Strengthening Units are growing in size and scope of work. There is an urgent need for a highly skilled Business Support Assistant to support the fast-paced needs of both units.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Liaise with relevant Units for any procurement needs
- Organize Unit’s travels
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff in the Unit.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Completion of Secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2021.